Yao Zhenxu (right) with Romania’s Ella Zeller Constantinescu at the Liebherr 2018 World Team Championships (Photo: courtesy of Yao Zhenxu)
by Ian Marshall, Editor
Dedicated to the sport of table tennis, China’s Yao Zhenxu was named a Personal Honorary Member of the International Table Tennis Federation at the Annual General Meeting, held in the virtual mode, on Monday 28th September.
The accolade was in recognition of:
- The role fulfilled in promoting relations between China and the United States in the era of Ping Pong Diplomacy.
- Holding the position of Chinese Team Manager from 1985 to 1995.
- Chair of the ITTF Technical Committee Chair between 1995 and 2009
- Vice President of the Chinese Table Tennis Association from 1995 to 2014.
- Tournament Director at the 1995 World Championships in Tianjin.
- Tournament Director at the Volkswagen 2005 World Championships in Shanghai.
Currently Yao Zhenxu is actively promoting the ITTF Museum in Shanghai.